Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Victory Church



This is a picture of some of the folks from Victory Church. Victory started in May of 09, about two months after Journey started. They have about 60 people worshipping with them on a Sunday morning. They meet in an apartment building. They've rented an apartment and turned it into a church meeting area. They put seats in the living room and use the two bedrooms as children's ministry areas.

Every one of these people, like you, have a story to tell about their journey with God. Hearing their stories was the best part of the trip for me. I attended a prayer service, where they met and prayed for two hours while kneeling on foam mats. I also taught a leadership class on Tuesday night, about leadership lessons from the Life of David. there were about 30 in attendance, and I discovered that, like here in the US, only about half of the people in attendance got my attempts at humor.

Seriously, the best part of the meeting was the reciting of the Lord's prayer at the end of the night. A beautiful chorus that lands powerfully on the ear, even in a language I couldn't understand.

No comments: